How To Build Muscle Naturally, Every human wants to represent himself as an attractive, healthy, and fit person. He wants shredded, lean muscles, and not skinny. People try way harder on their muscles by doing heavy workouts and following a strict diet for years but all in vain. Eventually, they start considering themselves as a hard gainer, which is nothing but a myth. Everyone’s biological structure is different from another person.
You may probably do something not right while following the process and are not a hard gainer. Most of the beginners set unrealistic goals and start idealizing weight lifters who fasten the process of hypertrophy of muscle fibers artificially using harmful supplements which does nothing but leave an adverse effect on their physical health and hormones.
To gain lean muscles (muscles without fat) requires some critical hard work and patience. If a person thinks that he can have a well-proportioned body without doing workout/physical exercise then he might be wrong.
However, merely hitting the gym is not a complete solution. We also have to add some mass gaining food items in our daily diet containing a high quantity of proteins and essential nutrients for muscle growth. For skinny guys, sometimes its a lot more difficult to gain body mass as they have not been eating enough calories required by their body. The quantity of eating (less or more) is not the actual formula. so let’s start How To Build Muscle Naturally.
Healthy Eating for Natural Muscle Building
To eat appropriate healthy food is key to unlocking the world of fitness. Your diet must include enough quota of carbs (carbohydrates), proteins, good fats/lipids, creatine, vitamins, and some minerals.
Some of the solid food items which may help you in accomplishing your aim are:
Not only a person seeking muscle growth but everyone should include eggs in their diet (unless you are a vegetarian). Eggs contain high protein, fats, vitamins (B6, B12), amino acids i.e. leucine (important for muscle growth), calories, iron, etc.
In short both parts of the egg; egg white and egg yolk are bootstrappers for developing muscle strength and the plus point is a go-to meal. The importance of a single egg can be predicted by the fact that it’s added as a necessary ingredient in protein shakes of professional bodybuilders, an inevitable natural product for muscle gain.
As it is commonly said, “Beef is the soul of cooking”. 8-12 ounces of meat is considered as a wholesome meal for anybody as it contains many essential nutrients like iron, proteins, riboflavin (essential for energy production), Vitamin B, Magnesium, Potassium, Phosphorus, fats, good cholesterol, carbs, and much more. As this heavenly meal is enriched in protein and minerals, it will definitely help you gain lean muscles.
Soybeans contain proteins, carb, fats, vitamins, minerals, and a special plant component known as isoflavones. It’ll not only strengthen the body muscles but also has a good impact on your skin and may also reduce the risk of breast cancer or prostate cancer. These beans are also considered as an alternative to beef/meat. So, if you are vegan, here is the thing for you.
Eat plenty of Fish as a quote says “Give a man fish, and he’ll eat for a day”. Fish can be taken as a complete meal containing omega-3 fatty acid, LDL (low-density lipoprotein), calories, vitamins, protein, and minerals. One can have alternative species of fish like salmon, tuna, shrimps, and prawns.
As in comparison salmon fish has pretty much edge over tuna fish as it has more health lipids and is enriched in high-quality proteins. While shrimps and prawns are considered as similar because of their almost the same taste and benefits but they differ anatomically.
Most of us like to go cheesy with our food because of its divine taste. But we can also add stability and toughness to our body by eating cottage cheese. It has tremendous nutrients hidden behind its appealing taste such as Calcium, magnesium, vitamins (B-12, D, A), metabolic minerals, fats, potassium, phosphorus, carbs, calories, and whatnot? Isn’t it exciting that just a small piece of good cottage cheese can give you a flavor of dairy along with rough and tough muscles? So now it’s time to stop making excuses and grab a nice piece of cottage cheese.
Fruits And Vegetables
Fruits; nature’s candy, Vegetables; the earth’s food, are healthy, tasty, and affordable and food products for your diet. The dietary fiber present in fruits and vegetables has no other alternative. Also, minerals, vitamins (sometimes vitamin C), potassium, and natural chemicals are not negligible.
Adding fruits and vegetables to your regular diet will give you multi-benefits like muscle strength, prevention from many diseases, cancer, diabetes; as they have natural sugar which may not have adverse effects on diabetic patients, constipation, and are healthy for your heart and skin. Low in calories, cholesterol and fats will not cause the problem of obesity.
But remember excess of everything is bad, so 350 – 400 grams of fruits and 230 – 500 grams of vegetables daily, depending on the gender and age of a specific person is recommended. The most beneficial fruits and vegetables are:
- Spinach: Due to the presence of antioxidants in spinach, it is a great source of iron and helps in the loss of bad fat for lean defined muscles. And also, vitamin A, K, C, magnesium are the bonus points.
- Sweet potato: Boost your muscle growth by eating sweet potato 2-3 hours before the workout. Lower glycemic index, more fiber, potassium, vitamin, riboflavin is present in . Potassium plays an important role in muscle control, so 124- 200 grams of sweet potato daily will be good.
- Bananas: When life gives you a banana, make a shakeout of them. It is recommended to take a banana shake after an immense workout as it boosts up the energy and the protein present in it is used for the recovery of muscular tissues.
- Dry fruits: Nuts such as almonds, raisins, walnuts, dates, and dried cranberries provide us a good amount of proteins, carbs, fats, calories, and fiber. Date shake taken after or before a workout will work miraculously for muscle growth.
Exercise for Muscle Building Naturally
Just eating and not hitting the gym will make you nothing but a lazy buffalo. Don’t be one, and convince yourself to achieve your goal, stick to it, and be consistent. Exercise will help you burn the excess fat resulting in tough muscles. Exercise will work as a magic for your body muscles as well as for your mood, attitude, and mind. Come out of your comfort zone and start handwork today.
If you’re a beginner, just remember one thing that you can do. Believe in yourself and you will hit the mark for sure. Before the beginning recall, the quote “Start low and go slow”. You should be starting with some basic level of exercise like running, jogging, or walking every day for about 20-30 minutes ideally early in the morning or after the sunset. To be precise, aerobic activities should be your first step which also includes swimming, dance, cycling, or cardio. Training for making your body flexible and stretching will make the whole journey even easier for you.
Some of the exercises that you should be doing are:
- Treadmill: Treadmill is an easy way to sweat and burn bad fats off the body and gain lean shredded muscles. No doubt you’ll look good on the treadmill champ.
- Free weights like dumbells will be all good for a startup.
- Focus on your leg muscles, do splits, this particular exercise will help you increase the flexibility of your legs and hips muscles.
- Weight lifting: don’t go harder on your body. Start with minimal weight lifting and gradually keep adding plates into it. Know your limit and take 2 to 5 minutes to break between sets. It may not be easy at the start but it well worth it.
- Planks: Hold your plank for about one minute. It’s okay to be a beginner. Your body will slowly adapt to the exercise and then you may increase the time duration. 3 sets of planks will be enough at the start.
- Squats: This activity will not only turn your leg muscles into beautiful shapes but also help in building a wide-body structure. 15-20 squats twice a day will work initially. But don’t forget to increase its number after a while.
- Pushups: After working on the lower body, it’s time to work on the upper body. Push-ups will do it for you. Your lower back and abdominal muscles will also be benefited. 10-15 pushups in the first week and then keep adding 2-3 pushups every week will do the job.
- Deadlifts: Build your strength in limbs and abdominal area by doing deadlifts. Learn the proper posture before heading towards this exercise as it may cause some serious damage if not done properly. Perform only one set including 5 deadlifts twice a week in the beginning. Gaining strength means gaining size.
- Chin-ups and Pull-ups: Hit your back and arm muscles doing chin-ups and pull-ups.chin-ups are easier than pull-ups as it does not demand more energy to put in. Start these exercises by hanging on the bar for about 20 to 30 secs, doing 3 to 4 sets twice or thrice a week. Don’t forget to take a break of 1 to 2 minutes between the sets.
Other Tips for How to Build Muscle Naturally
Some tips while doing the exercise to keep in mind are:
- Be realistic. If you think this process will take only 2 or 3 months then you are living in a fantasy world.
- Don’t do aggressive (excessive) exercise as we don’t want to bear any damage.
- Become a best friend with liquids. Water shakes, juices must be your priority. Love your body, keep it hydrated.
- Make your diet balanced. Seek professional help in this regard.
- Focus on every muscle of the body to have perfect proportions.
- Change your exercise after every 1 to 2 months (5-8 weeks).
- Slow down the rep speed when you are building muscles, as adding pressure for a while on muscular tissue helps in their extension (muscle growth).
- Enjoy small session breaks during workout otherwise, you may suffer injury.
- Don’t compare yourself with your trainer or any other professional bodybuilder.
- Be confident. Open yourself up to ask questions.
- Don’t get panic when you do not see results after 2 weeks. It is a slow process and you will be happy after achieving everything you worked for.
- A proper gym kit will be a plus point.
- Respect your body limits.
Importance Of Sleep
You work hard when your body fitness is your priority. You deserve to enjoy some good rest. Don’t make yourself sleep deprived. You should not be sacrificing your sleepover other work. Research proved that a person having proper sleep will grow 20% more muscles in comparison with an individual facing a lack of sleep.
It helps in the recovery of muscular tissues affected by immense workout by the protein synthesis, with their growth by releasing human body hormone growth, and also fastens the process of burning fat. This tearing, healing, and growing process makes the muscle stronger and tougher than the previous one.
You will ultimately hinder muscle growth by not doing rest and not allowing your muscle to heal and build. While you are working on your body to change its form, a sleep of 7-9 hours will be more than enough. They say “Sleep is the best meditation”. Prepare yourself for the next day’s work out and do some proper rest. Adjust your busy schedule for having enough sleep. The balance between work and rest is the real secret of success.
Conclusion On How To Build Muscle Naturally
To sum up the article, all you’ve to start with is determination. Picture yourself as a healthy, fit human being, plan to achieve the goal, stick to it, and be consistent. Motivate yourself not to quit. John Maxwell said, Small disciplines repeated with consistency every day lead to great achievement, gained slowly over time”.
You just have to make up your mind, once you start it you will become even closer to your aim every passing day. To keep making excuses will end you up as a failure. Do not skip days. Today is your day, make it worth it. It must be hard but it is fun. Eat healthily, train hard, and live healthily. so this is all about How To Build Muscle Naturally.