Shoulder Workout At Home Using Dumbbells Only-
Who wouldn’t want to look strong and healthy, have a perfect posture, and exude confidence?. Well, count me in! So would you believe if I told you all this could actually be achieved by building a broader bigger shoulder?
And, it only takes is a month of training either at the gym or at home seriously check it out. But before bulking up your shoulders, it’s useful to know how they work.
Your shoulder muscle is made up of three sets of muscle fibers-
- Anterior Delt– It covers your shoulder joint on your front. it helps you to both flex and rotate your arms.
- Lateral Delt- It helps you reach out to the side.
- Rear Or Posterior Delt– It helps you extend your arms to the back and rotate it.
This shoulder workout at home works all these muscles and will help you get broader, more defined shoulders in a moth, only if you will be regular.
Dumbbell Overhead Press
Seated shoulder press effectively works on your anterior in a position that prevents you from swaying or dipping your torso when you’re doing it. you can perform this exercise either seated or in standing position,
but I would highly recommend you to go for the seated version because then it would be easy for you to balance your body and fully contract the muscles.
How To Perform Seated Shoulder Press
1. First of all, you will need to sit on a bench and hold the dumbbells in both hands. your arms must be bent at the elbows.
2. Your palms should face forward, and your feet should be positioned flat on the floor. remember that your upper arms are should be parallel to the floor.
3. Slowly move your arms up by drawing the insides of your elbows toward your head until your arms are straight and squeeze the muscle at the top position.
4. After that, lower the dumbbells back to the initial position making sure you have complete control over your movements.
5. Perform 8 to 12 reps of 4 sets.
Also Read- No Gym| The Ultimate Legs Workout At Home
Dumbbell Lateral Raises
As you may guess from the name of the exercise, standing lateral raises bulk up and strengthens your lateral deltoids. this isolation movement specifically targets your lateral delt it is one of the best exercises for those who are looking to build shoulder like a boulder.
How To Perform Lateral Raises
1. Start by making sure you have enough space around you since you’ll need proper clearance while doing this exercise you don’t want to smash anything around you.
2. With a dumbbell in each hand, stand straight with your feet hip-width apart, your palms should be facing you and your elbow should be slightly bent.
3. Raise your arms to the sides until they are parallel to the floor, while the dumbbells may go a bit higher, but they should not end up above your head.
4. Take a short break, breath in, and lower your arms back to the initial position.
5. Perform 8 to 12 reps of 4 sets.
Dumbbell Front Raises
This is an isolation exercise that isolates shoulder flexion. it mainly works the anterior deltoid, along with assistance from the serratus anterior, biceps brachii and clavicular portions of the pectoralis major.
How To Perform Front Raise
1. Start by standing straight legs hip-width apart, knees slightly bend, arch your back a bit keeping your spine neutral. and hold the dumbbells in both hands with palms facing each other.
2. Make sure your elbows should be slightly bent Now Slowly raise the dumbbell up in your forward just about your chin and while making a contraction squeeze the muscle.
3. Then slowly bring the dumbbell back to the starting position while stretching the muscle.
4. Perform 4 sets of 8 to 10 reps.
Arnold press is one of the most popular exercises. The exercise has been invented by Arnold Schwarzenegger one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time. He Popularized this exercise.
It adds a turn to a classic shoulder press to get all three heads anterior, lateral and posterior of the deltoids so it is a one fell swoop shoulder exercise.
The standing Arnold Press strengthens a number of supporting muscles in your back which is one of the reasons why it is such great exercise of all time.
How To Perform Arnold Press
1. Hold the dumbbell in each hand with your arms bent on your chest as in the top of the bicep curl so your palms are facing you.
2. Squeeze your glutes, rib shoulders down, abs tight now instead of pushing straight up, spread your arms to each side laterally, then press your arms up and twist your hands so your palms face towards.
3. For a full range of motion, finish by placing your head forwards and reaching as high as you can so your biceps are closed to your ears.
4.Then in a controlled manner return back to the starting position.
5. Perform 3 sets of 12 reps.
Note- Make sure you do not hyperextend your back while performing this exercise and keep the full range of motion if you really want the constant tension on your shoulder.
Rear Delt Fly
Make sure you don’t concentrate on working just one type of deltoid while skipping others. That would destroy your ultimate goal of getting full, rounded shoulders.
The Bent-Over Reverse Fly exercise works on the rear portion of your shoulder.
How To Perform Rear Delt Fly
1. Take Dumbbell in each hand and stand on your feet hip-width apart, bend forward at the hip joint. your knees should be slightly bent and core tight.
2. Keeping your elbows slightly bent bring your palms together in front of your thighs and make sure you keep you back straight, neither arched nor rounded. it must be straight.
3. Breath out and raise your hands sides and pull your shoulders back (make sure you do not hop your body while raising the dumbbell side).
4. Slowly bring your hands together back in the starting position making sure dumbbell won’t touch each other.
5. Perform 3 sets of 10-12 reps with 3 seconds rest between sets.
Note– The only thing you should remember is to keep your dumbbell relatively light in this exercise. and it’s a good idea to do this exercise at the end of your shoulder.
Some Major Mistakes-
You should avoid some major mistakes a lot of men make-
- First of all, make sure that nothing limits your range of motion when you are doing this shoulder workout at home.
- If you feel some muscle tightness during the workout, it means that you put additional stress on both your joints and the muscle supporting them. it can lead to pain and also injuries.
To avoid these problems, it’s better to stretch before starting the workout. Try to do a more intense workout to make your shoulders grow and bulk up,
Make sure you don’t focus on working just one type of deltoid while ignoring others. That would ruin your final goal of getting full, rounded shoulders.
Never forget that, if you really want to build muscle, you need to eat. That’s why you should consume more calories than you normally consume and have more protein-rich foods. and don’t forget to do this shoulder workout at home.