So today we are gonna talk about the exercises which are the most needed for the size gain of the shoulder and delts, and which can give great shape to your shoulders. you should definitely follow this shoulder workout.
First of all, we are gonna talk about the shoulders like it’s not the only shoulder but the combination of muscles called ANTERIOR -THE FRONT SHOULDER, LATERAL-THE SIDE SHOULDER, and POSTERIOR-THE REAR DEL OR THE BACK SHOULDER.
Usually, we see many people who only focus on their front(anterior) and side(lateral) parts of their shoulder and misses the rear delt which does not provide good shape. so now it becomes very important to hit all the muscle of the shoulder so that you can have a well-rounded shape shoulder.if you train any muscle a little less than that muscle becomes weak as compared to other muscles which may cause for not getting the perfect shape.
So rounded shoulders are super awesome if you see it gives an aesthetic look. if you see any bodybuilder or fitness model who has good shoulders that means they are fuller, thicker, rounder wider, and bigger.
Also, if you do no train your shoulders properly it may cause injuries in almost every exercise you are gonna do. and also if you do it right and train properly it can give you a great posture and strengthen your upper body. one of the main reasons you should do shoulder exercise properly because it helps you provide a great v shape body
HERE’S TOP 6 EXERCISES OF SHOULDER WORKOUT
1.BARBELL SHOULDER PRESS
TARGET MUSCLE– although this exercise almost hit every muscle of your shoulder this basically stretches the ANTERIOR and LATERAL as you can see in the above image and secondary muscle under this is the triceps brachii this also stretches your triceps.
The first exercise is the barbell shoulder press. you can do this exercise seated or standing. either in a smith machine or with the normal barbell. I would suggest you do on smith machine as you are a beginner. because it helps in providing you a little balance and does not use so much heavyweight as a beginner because it may cause injury so do it safe.so while doing this make sure your contract with the muscle. the contraction is very important. if you are not getting any contraction then do not use heavyweight.
How To Perform-
- Grab the bar slightly wider than the shoulder. while keeping your back straight and chest up.
- pick up the bar and take a deep breath. make sure you keep your body tight and straight.
- now push the bar up with the power of both the hands and exhale.
- after that slowly bring the bar down till your shoulder. and take a deep breath again. this will be your first rep.
Make sure to keep the full range of motions and most importantly the mind and muscle connection.
2.ARNOLD DUMBBELL PRESS
TARGET MUSCLE– This exercise mainly focuses on your front delt that is ANTERIOR DELTROID
Arnold Press is a variation that was first used by Arnold Schwarzenegger or you can say it was invented by him. the exercise requires a rotational movement of your hands. this is similar to the traditional shoulder presses the only difference is that it requires a rotational movement. although the exercise hits the entire shoulder it mainly hits the Anterior Delt. and this the reason that it’s a very famous exercise among all shoulder Exercises.
How To Perform
- Sit on a stable bench and grab the dumbbells according to your strength (do not lift too heavy on this exercise)
- while keeping your back straight and body tight.
- hold the dumbbell reversely on your front and take a deep breath.
- Now push the dumbbell up while rotating your arm and exhale
- then bring the shoulder back on the same position while inhaling and repeat the same process with the other hand. this will be counting your one rep.
3. ONE ARM DUMBBELL LATERAL RAISES
TARGET MUSCLE– the main focus of this exercise is only on your lateral deltoid.
One arm lateral raises are the best for your side shoulder. Traditionally this exercise is done by both arms simultaneously. but in this method, you do it with only one hand at one time. the purpose of this exercise is to make your shoulder broader. this exercise helps to give your body a shredded V-shaped look. this is personally my favorite exercise and I always add this exercise in my shoulder workout.
A study shows that the side lateral raise activates the shoulder compared to other shoulder exercises
How To Perform
- Take a lightweight dumbbell and take your position by standing near any machine so that you can hold it while performing the exercise.
- Now deep breath in and raise the dumbbell up and contract your lateral head. while raising the dumbbell up make sure you do not move your body instead use your shoulders only this will maximize the muscle contraction.
- slowly bring the dumbbell down in the starting position while exhaling. and repeat this process.
- Make sure you keep your core tight and contract the muscle.
- repeat the recommended amount of reps.
4. DUMBBELL FRONT RAISES
The front raise is a fundamental exercise whether you are a beginner or an advanced level athlete you will have to perform it in your shoulder workout in order to get the perfect front deltoid muscle. the front raise is an isolated weight training exercise. it is among the most versatile exercises.
front raise is the best movement in terms of ease to perform. because this is a daily life movement but the main difference comes from the weight which makes it effective for shoulder front delts.
TARGET MUSCLE– Anterior Deltoids
How To Perform
- Stand with a dumbbell in each hand with arms by your sides, palms facing down and inward.
- Without bending your arms, raise them up and straight out to your sides until they’re shoulder-level.
- Lower the dumbbells back to starting position. That’s one rep.
- keep breath in while raising the dumbbell up and breath out while bringing the dumbbell back down in the starting position.
- contract the muscle as much as possible. create muscle and mind connection.
5. CABLE REAR DELT RAISES
Cable rear delt fly is a great shoulder movement for the rear delts. the cable rear delt is an isolated movement that mainly works on your posterior delts. the rear delt muscle is often neglected by every gym-goer which I really don’t know why?. the exercise must be performed on every shoulder workout. because if this exercise won’t be performed then you won’t be able to have perfect shoulders.
Target Muscle– Rear Delts
How To Perform
- To perform firstly set the pulley at the top according to your hight and remove all the metal hook from it.
- grab the wire on the pulley from the end with your palms. and grab left pulley with the right hand and right pulley with the left hand.
- stand in the middle of the machine while keeping your feet in the middle and even.
- pull the cable in the diagonal direction until your arms come beside you.
- hold the position by squeezing your rear delt and make sure you create full tension on it after that return back to starting position in a controlled manner.
- repeat the recommended repetitions.
Shoulder shrug is a very effective exercise for your Trapezius this muscle is located on each side of your neck it controls your shoulder blades as well as upper back and neck. and upper shoulder. the exercise helps in strengthening the shoulder and upper arms. shrugs are one of the easiest exercises yet the most effective.it’s easy because the movement that involves in this exercise is our daily life movement. in the lack of this exercise, your shoulder workout won’t be completed.
Target Muscle- Trapezius
How To Perform
- Start with your feet placing flat on the floor both the foot should be shoulder-width apart.
- Arms on the side of the body while the palm facing each other. now bend down and pick up the weight or dumbbell.
- take your position keep your chin up, body straight, and chest up.
- while inhaling bring the shoulder up as high as possible and squeeze the muscle and hold for a moment in this position.
- Now slowly lower the shoulder while exhaling and stretch the shoulder fully. this will be your one rep.