Tricep pushdown is an isolated exercise that works only on the triceps and there is no secondary muscle in this exercise. The tricep pushdown will increase overall arm and lockout power and high body mass power which increases the pressing power.
it also helps in increasing the upper body arm size and it ultimately improves performance of the shoulder and chest muscle as they are often the secondary muscle group for most mass building movements like bench press, shoulder press, etc.
The triceps muscle is commonly applause muscle in the gyms all over. Because if insufficiently toned, the back of the arm waggles when you clap your hands as it is located in the posterior aspect of the upper arm.
The tricep muscle is composed of three muscles the long head, medial head, and the lateral head.
Note that two are named for their location the medial and the lateral head, and one for its size the long head. that makes them comparatively easy to identify.
Each one of these heads has a distinct origin, but they all combine distally into a thick tendon that connects it all together to the joint and fascia in the elbow.
The long head originates in the infraglenoid tubercle of the scapula, on the lateral border of that bone,
The medial head originates in the dorsal humerus, which is the long bone of the upper arm, distally from the radial sulcus.
And the lateral head originates in the dorsal humerus proximally.
HOW TO PERFORM
- firstly tightly grab the bar with shoulder-width apart gap.
- then take your position keep your back straight, chest up, elbows locked with your torso and keep your head straight.
- after that push the bar all the way down and squeeze your tricep and hold it for there for a moment and make sure you do not move your elbow while pushing down. many people do this mistake and ruin their exercises.
- then bring the bar back up and fully stretch your tricep. keep the full range of motion only then you will see results. don’t do cheat reps.
- repeat the recommended amount of repetition
BENEFITS OF TRICEP PUSHDOWN
- It increases the pressing power for exercises like bench press, shoulder press, etc.
- It helps in arm stability.
- it helps in strengthen the elbow joint.
- it helps in gaining muscle mass in the triep.