Do you want defined and toned triceps at home? So here’s the killer triceps workout that you don’t even need to leave your home for. you don’t even need any equipment for this. there are no weights needed. it’s a completely home-based workout that will make your triceps razor sharp. and also it will help in strengthening your arms.. so make sure you do this tricep workout at home for 2 to 3 months in order to get results.
This at-home tricep workout is great for muscle building. you can get bigger arms at home by hitting and developing all three heads of the tricep.
The meaning of Triceps is three. thus the triceps is the set of three muscle groups ( long head, medial head, and lateral head ). The combination of these three muscles makes a complete tricep. the main function of tricep is to flex the elbow along with that it is very important to muscle for the push exercises like push-ups etc. whether you prefer doing weight-based exercise at the gym or doing bodyweight exercise at home the tricep is always gonna be very important for performing them
without wasting any time Let’s dive into our workout-
1. DIAMOND PUSH-UPS KNEE POSITION
Diamond push-ups concentrate primarily on the triceps brachii which is your long head. the strength that goes along the side of your upper arm. the diamond push-ups are the great choice for building the size and strength of your tricep, as well as chest and deltoids. and when you start doing diamond push-ups the regular push-ups become so easy to perform.
Because of the narrow placement of the hands the more weight is put on the triceps which makes it more effective. As a matter of fact, in the report by the American Council On Exercise, they discovered that the diamond push-ups are the most effective triceps exercise after Dips and Triceps Kickbacks.
Pro Tip- The diamond push-ups are a bit hard to perform. so if you also find it difficult to perform then don’t be afraid to drop onto your knees to complete your workout.
How to perform Diamond push-ups-
- Firstly get down on your toes and hands ( while hands are in diamond position )
- keep your core nice, tight and straight like a plank,
- elbows in attached to your lats now slowly come down while breathing in keep all the tension on your triceps and feel the force.
- Now push up while breathing out and squeeze the tricep at the top.
- Now I want you to make sure that when you come down your hands should be in equivalent to your chest because only then you’ll be able to hit the main tricep otherwise the force would be transfer to your shoulder and tricep won’t get trained.
- perform 10-12 repetitions.
2. BODY WEIGHT SKULL CRUSHERS
Bodyweight Skull crushers are the super effective exercise and they help in building spectacular tricep muscle very rapidly. along with that, this exercise helps in building the arm and shoulder strength because the shoulder joint is also engaged in it.
and HEY ! you need not worry about that machine. you can perform this on a normal bench as well but make sure you to attach the bench with the wall so that it won’t move when performing the exercise.
after the session of the bodyweight skull crusher, your tricep will be badly useless. as a traditional skull crusher, this also hits the long head of your tricep. but the main disadvantage of this exercise is that you must have a minimal amount of strength to perform this exercise. this is by far the most practical option.
Pro Tip- The farther away you get your feet from the bench the more resistance there will be on your triceps but more difficult it will become to perform. so just play around with it and find the distance that works best for you to be able to get your recommended repetition.
How to perform bodyweight skull crushers-
- For performing this exercise you will take a shoulder-width grip on the bench.
- keep your feet as away from the bench as you can perform the recommended reps. the farther your feet will be more difficult it will be to perform. so set it accordingly.
- keep your body as straight as possible while still having a bend in your knees and having your glutes and core tight and activated.
- you want to have all of the motion occur with this exercise at the elbow joints keeping the upper arm in the shoulder as frozen as possible.
- make sure you breathe in while going down and breath out while pushing up.
- perform 6-10 repetition in beginning.
3. PIKE PUSH-UPS
Pike push-ups are a great way to build powerful triceps and shoulders. along with that, this exercise is perfect for developing the strength, endurance, and stability in your body. because it engages almost your entire body your like your core, hamstrings, shoulder, arms, etc. if you have had a lot of mass in your body and you want to burn that then this exercise is absolutely made for you.
Pro Tip- doing pike push-ups with feet on the surface is fine but I would suggest you go with decline pike push-ups where those feet are somewhat elevated. because this decreases any hamstring flexibility issues and makes this exercise a little less uncomfortable and easy to perform.
How to perform pike push-ups-
- start with downward facing dog yoga asana spread fingers inside facing each other and grip the mat with full hands.
- keep your whole body nice and tight.
- lift your hips high to the sky while putting your heels towards the floor and maintaining the length through the spine and height than the hips as you bend your elbows and drive the crown of the head towards the floor.
- exhale as you push against the mat extending your elbow.
- and return downward-facing dog starting position while inhaling.
- perform 6-12 repetitions.
4. BENCH DIPS
with spring right around the corner. sleeveless shirts and dresses would not be far behind. and this is the time to thinking about toning and firming up those triceps. and the BENCH DIPS are one of the best options for that. as a matter of fact, bench dips represent such a great activity.
and the dips made the AMERICAN COUNCIL ON EXERCISE‘S list of “TOP TEN EXERCISES YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT”. and this is the reason it is on the list. it really has a great effect on your tricep medial muscle. and the dips are the only exercise that hits the medial head. along with that it also has good effects on your chest muscle as well.
Pro Tip- The easy version of this dip is to keep your both legs planted on the floor near your body. squat down as you move down and then push with your legs up while keeping all the tension on your triceps.
NOTE– use the pro tip if you are really finding it difficult to perform otherwise the above illustration is the best for you.
How to perform bench dips-
- Now for this exercise, all you need is a sturdy bench or table or even your bed.
- all you gonna do is sit down on the bench and place your arms on the edge of the bench and while overlapping all of your fingers.
- put your feet out so your butt goes away from the bench and remember the farther you put your feet out the harder you are going to make the exercise because the more load your arms going to have to take so just play around and set your difficulty level according to your strength.
- now slowly come down while inhaling and keeping your elbow in 90-degree form. do not go all the way down like as to grass because in that case, you may hurt your shoulders.
- so when your elbows form at 90 degrees slowly push yourself up while exhaling and squeezing tricep at the top.
- make sure you keep your core nice and tight throughout the exercise.
5. DIAMOND PUSH-UPS ISOMETRIC HOLD
The diamond push-up isometric hold is really a great exercise for triceps but the main advantage of this exercise is that it also great effects in your entire body. because the whole body gets to engage in this exercise. this exercise is similar to the plank but the main difference is the target muscle.
In the regular plank, the target muscle is obviously your core, on the other hand, the target muscle in this exercise is your triceps, chest, and delts. the exercise also helps in burning the excess stored fat in your body.
Pro Tip- The diamond push up isometric hold is a bit hard to perform. so if you also find it difficult to perform then don’t be afraid to drop onto your knees to complete your workout.
How to perform diamond push-up isometric hold
- it is similar to the diamond push-ups but the main difference is that you have to hold yourself at a particular position as you can see in the video.
- hold for 30 seconds in beginning then increase for about 1 minute